Search on blog
- The blade diameter should be roughly 1/3rd the diameter of the vessel.
- Normal blade is speed is targetted at 5200 fpm (feet per minute).
- Typical power requirements are in the range of 10 HP per 100 gallons of product.
- Position balde 1/2 of the blade diameter off the tank bottom
- Liquid level should be 1 1/2 blade diameters above the blade
- Blade should be centered in the tank
- Allow for product vortexing to prevent material from splashing over the top of the tank. 20% freeboard is recommended.
While the above "Rules of Thumb" present a very good starting point, more detailed information can be found on the following pages.